My profile in a nutshell:
Global Players: In-house counsel in the Corporate Legal Departments of Sanofi-Aventis/ Aventis (Paris/ Strasbourg) and of Daimler-Chrysler (Stuttgart)
International Law Firm: Local Partner (salaried partner) at White & Case’s Istanbul office
Bank: In-house counsel in the Legal Department (Capital Markets & Company Law) of Landesbank Berlin
Sector Knowledge: Banking, Pharma, Automobile
Transactions: legal coordination, negotiation, drafting and implementation of company transactions, including cross-border
Complex contract schemes: co-engineering and drafting of complex contract documentation for corporate groups and banks
Law Cross-Border: routine in the assessment of diverging jurisdictions
„Multilingual Law“: legal advice to clients in German, English, French, Spanish, Turkish and Polish language
Thanks to years passed in multinationals, plus a bank and a large law firm, I have gathered extensive experience with legal coordination and implementation of transactions and restructurings (often complex and mostly cross-border), along with comprehensive legal advice and support to companies and banks in corporate law, capital markets law, finance and general contract law matters. This “view from inside” involves continuous interaction with experts and associates of adjacent departments such as tax, accounting, treasury and risk management – as well as with accountants, regulatory authorities and other “external stakeholders”. Due to my involvement in many cases with cross-border issues, I have gained the fundamental understanding needed for assessing diverging jurisdictions.
Here is a listing of some transactions and litigation files which I have dealt with over these years.
- Law School, Clerking and Bar Exam in Bavaria, Germany (University of Passau/ Court District of Munich)
- Admitted to the bar in 1999
- Contract and Real Estate Department of an international retail group (1998/1999): Contract Law
- In-house counsel and Assistant to the CEO of Nordzucker AG (1999/2000): Corporate Law
- In-house counsel at the corporate headquarters of Aventis in Strasbourg, then Sanofi-Aventis in Paris (2001/2005): Corporate Law, Group Law, Corporate Restructuring, M&A/ Joint Ventures, Litigation, Complex Contract Schemes, Corporate Finance
- In-house counsel and Head of Capital Markets Law at the corporate headquarters of DaimlerChrysler in Stuttgart (2005/2007): Capital Markets Law, Corporate Finance, M&A/ Joint Ventures
- Attorney-at-law/ transaction lawyer and Local Partner at White & Case Istanbul (2008): M&A/ Joint Ventures, Project Finance
- In-house counsel at Landesbank Berlin AG, Berlin (2009/2015): Distressed Debt Restructuring, Capital Markets Law (bond programmes, structured bonds, covered bonds, securities prospectus, listing and delisting), Contract Law (sale of receivables, Schuldschein loans, syndicated loans, promissory notes, complex contract schemes), Regulatory, Litigation
- In-house counsel (project-based limited term engagement) at a freight logistics company in Hamburg (2015): corporate group restructuring involving nine (9) European jurisdictions
- 2016: initiation of the own firm with focus on corporate transactions, restructurings and Capital Markets Law.